Anyone else love finishing things? Whether it’s finishing leftovers, using up toothpaste, or finishing a makeup product, I looooove the feeling of using something up entirely. Kind of weird? Maybe, but that’s just how it is.
This is why it makes total sense that I love the idea of project panning!
But…what is a project pan? In case you’re not familiar with a project pan, it’s essentially where you try to hit pan or entirely use up your beauty products. Think of it like a challenge for the determined beauty lover.
While I’m constantly tempted to buy new products, sometimes I need to reign it in and focus on what I already have. Project panning is a great way to really focus on what you already own, truly get to know how products perform, and get your money’s worth. After all, might as well use the makeup before it goes bad!
This month I’m taking on my first ever project pan. I’m hoping to use up or hit pan on these 12 products by the end of the year. I’ll be doing quarterly check ins to update you on my progress!
Want to see what I’m panning? Check it out below:
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – Okay, so I’m slightly cheating on this one. As you can see, I’ve already hit pan (which took forever, by the way!). Now my goal is to finish this bronzer up. This one is intimidating to me, just because it took me so long to even hit pan. I think it’s because the Butter Bronzer is a very densely-packed, creamy powder that it can take a while to make even a small dent. But I’ve had this in my collection for a long time and it’s time for me to use it up!
- Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish Foundation – It’s hard to tell in the bottle, but I think I’m about half way done this foundation. Even though I’m pale year-round, this shade is my palest of pale, so it’s my goal to use this up before summer’s here. I also don’t love this foundation (it can make my skin look a little powdery and dry), plus I don’t even think they make it anymore.
- Wet n’ Wild Photo Focus Foundation – Unlike the Rimmel foundation, this is one I love! But I’ve had it for a while and I want to use it up before it goes bad. Once again, hard to tell in the bottle, but I think I’m at least half way through, if not more.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette – This was my first high-end palette and I think it’s still my favorite. While I don’t think I’ll ever fully finish this up (has anyone fully finished up every shade in a palette?!), I would like to hit pan on at least one color.
- Maybelline Fit Me Set + Smooth Powder – Another slight cheat. Like the Butter Bronzer, you can see I’ve already hit pan on this one. However, unlike the Butter Bronzer, this powder is much easier to go through. By the end of the year, I’d like to finish this up!
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N9– This is a mini that I’ve had for a while now and I just want to use it up! I’ve been trying but somehow it’s still here. I’m hoping that by putting it in this project pan, I’ll actually get through the whole thing. While I like this shade, it’s not my favorite. It can look a little dark on me for everyday wear, in my opinion.
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick mini in Lovesick– Another mini! I’m not a huge liquid lipstick lover. I think they’re really convenient for certain occasions (like weddings, where I don’t want to have to constantly worry if my lipstick has worn off), but generally I do not wear them on an everyday basis. If it’s a particularly comfortable formula, maybe; but I still like a shine to my lips. This mini has been in my collection a while and it’s a beautiful color. Time to use it up in 2019!
- CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipgloss in Give Me Guava– While the other two lip products might take a little more effort for me to get through, I don’t think this gloss will be hard at all! It’s a nice light formula and a beautiful nude color. Though the formula is comfortable and not sticky, it doesn’t last on the lips for a long time. More re-application = faster to pan 😉
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter – I am so close to finishing this one! It’s one of my favorite primers and I probably only have about a quarter left in the bottle. I’d like to get through this one fully before it goes bad on me. It shouldn’t take too long to do!
- Elf Baked Highlighter in Pinktastic– Getting through a highlighter is incredibly ambitious, I know. You only need such a small amount, especially if you’re like me and prefer a more subtle look. This highlighter actually fell and broke a while ago and that’s why the top is gone. The bottom layer is all that’s left but that’s still a lot of highlighter! While I don’t think I will entirely use this up in a year, I’m hoping I can get pretty close.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude – I’m putting this in my project pan because I literally never remember to use it. I don’t line my waterline often because I feel like it makes my eyes look smaller. A nude eyeliner is actually supposed to make your eyes look bigger and more awake. I think that maybe because I’m not used to reaching for an eyeliner for my waterline, that this one has gotten completely neglected. Also, it’s not my favorite formula. It can get a little clumpy almost, which is weird for an eyeliner. Regardless, I’d like to use it up and get it out of my collection.
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Sable Brown – Another Rimmel eyeliner! These just aren’t my favorite formula, but they’re here and I’d like to get my money’s worth. I like the brown one better than the nude one actually, but I generally go for black on my upper lash line. This could be a good option for lightly lining my bottom lash line when I just need a little something. We’ll see how far I get!
And that’s it! Those are the 12 products I will focus on incorporating into my makeup rotation in order to pan or use up this year. This is my first time doing an official project pan, so I’m excited to see how fast I can actually get through these products, or if I’ll even remember to use them!