If there’s one makeup product I can’t live without, it’s mascara. And concealer. And a brow gel. But never mind, back to the mascara.
Regardless of whether I’m going more natural or more glam with my makeup look, I am always wearing mascara. I have smaller eyes and I find that a good mascara really helps make me look more awake and accentuates my eyes.
Considering I’m also a girl on a budget, I pretty much only buy drugstore mascaras. High end ones don’t seem worth it to me! I go through mascaras pretty fast and even if I didn’t, I still replace it every 3-4 months. Spending $30 on a product I’ll only toss in a few months seems like a waste to me. Maybe one day when I have the budget 😉 But for now, here are my top five favorite affordable mascaras:
- Like I mentioned in my 2018 yearly favorites, this is my absolute favorite mascara! It makes your lashes look so full and fluttery. It can easily be built up without looking clumpy, it’s super black, doesn’t flake or smudge, and gives amazing volume and length. What’s not to love?
- This is such a great mascara! I love this one for separating your lashes in particular. It also gives a lot of volume and length, but in a way that provides more separation than the Lash Paradise for instance. I find that the curved wand also makes this really easy to apply. This is always my go-to in the drugstore. Maybelline does great mascaras no matter what, but this is the best in my opinion.
- This mascara also gives much a pretty look to your lashes. Once again, a lot of volume and length (can you tell what I like?), but there is one downside to this: it smudges. I’m not sure if it’s just me, but this smudges a lot on me, which is such a shame considering that actual products is really nice (and the cheapest mascara mentioned here!). There are a few different Lash Princess mascaras, but the one I like in the green tube.
- This is a mascara that completely surprised me. Looking at the wand of this, I thought “there is no way.” But I had heard some good reviews and it was on sale, so I grabbed it. And I am so glad I did! Though it doesn’t look like it would do much of anything, this wand actually made my lashes super long and separated. It didn’t do as much in the way of volume as I usually like, but I loved the overall effect of this.
- Another favorite of mine! I found this to be similar to the Lash Paradise, but drier. While I thought the dry formula was great for building volume without looking clumpy, this got dryyyy pretty soon after I opened it. I think it only lasted me for two months before it was gone, which is pretty unusual for a mascara. Other than being gone quickly, this was great. It’s worth trying out if you’re interested!
What’s your favorite drugstore mascara? I’m always on the hunt for new ones!